The Best Ham Sandwiches Ever.Here is your recipe to make it in an easy and simple way.
--> 2 -12 packages of sweet hawaiian rolls (the small dinner roll looking ones)
--> 1 1/2 lbs of virginia ham (NOT honey ham)
--> 12 slices swiss cheese
--> 3/4 cup butter
--> 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
--> 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
--> 1 1/2 teaspoons dried onion
--> poppy seed
- You will need two 9 x 13 pans.
- Place the bottoms of 12 rolls in each pan.
- Place ham (about 2 shaved slices or so) on the rolls.
- Cut the cheese slices into 4 parts and place 2 small pieces on each sandwich.
- Put the dinner roll tops on. In a sauce pan, mix butter, dijon mustard, worcestershire sauce, and dried onions.
- Wait until all butter is melted and then pour the melted mixture over the ham sandwiches (I know it sounds weird but TRUST me).
- Sprinkle the buns with poppy seeds and cover with foil. Let refrigerate overnight (If not able to wait, it is okay.
- They still taste great if made right away). Preheat oven to 350 and uncover sandwiches.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes and serve. They are great hot and even at room temperature Enjoy!
- I have made these with turkey also and they are good. Not as great as the ham, but they are good.